Posts Tagged ‘Rootkit Detection’
Saturday, March 8th, 2008
What’s New in Norton Internet Security 2008:
* Norton Identity Safe keeps your personal information and your identity safe when you buy, bank and browse online.
* Enhanced performance lets you start, scan, and run faster, so you can enjoy your online experience.
* Get help fast with free online technical support via live chat and email all from within the product.
* Optimized product design improves scan times and decreases impact on system startup and resource usage.
* SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) technology delivers behavior-based protection that can detect emerging spyware and viruses even before traditional signature-based definitions are available.
* Stores and encrypts your passwords and other confidential data, automatically filling it at your request to save time and protect it from being stolen by eavesdropping keystroke loggers.
* Network security monitoring checks the status of your wireless network security, maps connected devices, and provides expert advice on managing your network security settings.
* Two-Way Firewall
* Identity Safe
* Advanced Phishing Protection
* Intrusion Prevention
* Rootkit Detection
* Improved performance delivers faster starts and scans. NEW
* One click access to expert support. NEW
* Network security monitoring helps protect your wireless network. NEW
* Norton Identity Safe delivers enhanced i dentity theft protection. NEW
* Works quietly in the background. NEW
* Protection for up to 3 PCs per household
* Blocks identity theft by phishing Web sites
* Protects against hackers
* Detects and eliminates spyware
* Removes viruses and Internet worms automatically
* Protects email and instant messaging from viruses
* Prevents virus-infected emails from spreading and many more!
Size: 65 mb.
Norton Internet Security 2008 is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows VistaÂ® Home Basic/ Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
- WindowsÂ® XP with Service Pack 2 Home/XP Pro/XP Media Center Edition .